My client are an industry leader within the Petrol Forecourt industry, Covering a number of contracts throughout the North West
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the North West area for an experienced Heavy Plant Fitter
- Travel to customer sites and construction projects to conduct inspections, diagnostics, maintenance, repairs, and servicing of heavy plant machinery.
- Perform thorough examinations of machinery to identify faults, malfunctions, or damage, utilizing diagnostic tools and techniques.
- Carry out scheduled maintenance tasks, including servicing, lubrication, and adjustments, to ensure optimal performance and prevent breakdowns.
- Conduct repairs on various heavy plant machinery, such as excavators, loaders, bulldozers, cranes, graders, and dump trucks, utilizing hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, and specialized diagnostic instruments.
- Replace or repair faulty components, parts, or systems, including engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, transmission systems, and structural components.
- Follow manufacturer's guidelines, technical manuals, and specifications to carry out maintenance and repairs accurately and efficiently.
- Utilize computerized diagnostic tools and systems to troubleshoot electronic and computer-controlled components.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations and best practices while working on heavy plant machinery, ensuring personal safety and the safety of others.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of maintenance, repairs, and service history using computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) or similar documentation tools.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to operators, project teams, and customers on equipment operation, maintenance, and safety procedures.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination with the service coordinator and customers to schedule repairs and maintenance visits.
- Stay up-to-date with industry advancements, new technologies, and equipment innovations through continuous learning and training.
- Keep the mobile service vehicle clean, organized, and well-maintained, ensuring tools, equipment, and spare parts are properly stored and accounted for.
- Collaborate with the workshop team and service coordinator to order necessary replacement parts, ensuring timely availability for repairs and maintenance.
- Proven experience as a Mobile Heavy Plant Fitter or similar role, with in-depth knowledge of various heavy plant machinery and equipment.
- Proficient in diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and proficiency in using hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, and computerized diagnostic instruments.
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) or similar software for record-keeping and inventory management.
- Excellent understanding of health and safety regulations and practices within the industry.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, diagrams, and specifications.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with team members, operators, project teams, and customers.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively to meet service schedules and deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel to customer sites and work in varying environments and weather conditions.
- A valid driver's license is essential, and a commercial driver's license (CDL) may be required, depending on the nature of the work.
- A relevant mechanical qualification or certification is preferred.
You must have a history within the Heavy Plant Fitter industry to apply for this position
For further vacancies please visit our website. www.chartwellrecruitment.com
If you believe you have the right experience and qualifications please forward your CV
If this position is NOT right for you, still forward you're CV. We specialise in many industries and have a number of other positions that maybe more suitable for your background.
All communication will be treated confidentiality
Hammond Recruitment Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.