My client are an industry leader within the Plant/ Tool Fitter industry, Covering a number of contracts throughout the Redditch
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Redditch area for an experienced Workshop Plant/ Tool Fitter
- Inspect, diagnose, and troubleshoot plant machinery and tools to identify faults, malfunctions, or damage.
- Carry out scheduled maintenance tasks, including servicing, lubrication, and adjustments, to ensure optimal performance and longevity of equipment.
- Conduct repairs on various plant machinery and tools, such as excavators, bulldozers, forklifts, generators, pneumatic tools, and power tools, using hand tools, power tools, and specialized diagnostic equipment.
- Replace or repair faulty components, parts, or systems, such as engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and mechanical parts.
- Follow manufacturer's guidelines, technical manuals, and specifications to perform maintenance and repairs accurately and efficiently.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations and best practices while working on equipment, ensuring personal safety and the safety of others.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance, repairs, and service history, utilizing computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) or other documentation tools.
- Collaborate with the procurement team to identify and order necessary replacement parts and materials for repairs and maintenance.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to colleagues, operators, and customers on equipment operation, maintenance, and safety procedures.
- Keep abreast of industry developments, new technologies, and equipment advancements through continuous learning and training.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, ensuring tools, equipment, and spare parts are properly stored and accounted for.
- Assist in the coordination of equipment logistics, including loading/unloading, transport, and setup, as needed.
- Proven experience as a Plant/Tool Fitter or similar role, with in-depth knowledge of various plant machinery and tools.
- Proficient in diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and proficiency in using hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic equipment.
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) or similar software for record-keeping.
- Excellent understanding of health and safety regulations and practices within the industry.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, diagrams, and specifications.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with team members and provide guidance to operators and customers.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime or weekends to meet operational requirements.
- A valid driver's license may be required, depending on the nature of the work.
You must have a history within the Plant/ Tool Fitter industry to apply for this position
For further vacancies please visit our website.www.chartwellrecruitment.com/
If you believe you have the right experience and qualifications please forward your CV
If this position is NOT right for you, still forward you're CV. We specialise in many industries and have a number of other positions that maybe more suitable for your background.
All communication will be treated confidentiality
Hammond Recruitment Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.